I’ve been skipping around the blogosphere a bit, dropping in on various people’s blogs to talk about Love At The Speed Of Email. It’s always fun to be a guest in someone else’s blog home, but my stop today was special. Rel was one of the first reviewers of my first book, My Hands Came Away Red, and we’ve kept in touch in the years since then. She usually blogs about fiction, so I’m honoured that she took the time to read Love and have me on her blog.
Here’s how she introduced the interview.
I “met” Lisa McKay online years ago, thrilled to discover an fellow Australian writing amazing fiction (If you haven’t read My Hands Came Away Red, you should!) and we have enjoyed sharing with each other off and on over the years. Knowing a little of her unusual courtship with her American fella through our correspondence and her essays, I was delighted when she told me was writing a memoir about their dance with romance!
Lisa’s Love at the Speed of Email is a brilliantly moving and challenging story; funny and sad; reflecting Lisa’s deeply compassionate heart and wicked sense of humour. It is a must read for anyone with a pulse!
Rel asked some unusual questions, and also emailed some questions over here for Mike to answer, which he did. Jump on over to Rel’s blog to find out the answers to these questions, and more!
- Name five things you can’t live without
- Favourite book ~ Favourite movie ~ Favourite TV show
- What do you miss most about Australia when you are not here?
- Do you have a dream destination that you haven’t visited?
- What was Mike’s first response to your desire to write your love story?
- How do you think baby Dominic will respond when he is old enough to read LATSOE?!!
- Mike, If you’d jumped in first and written your romance as a memoir, how would your story have differed from Lisa’s?
- Mike, Was there a moment in your relationship you would have included that she didn’t?